Thursday, May 05, 2005

Comcast Sucks

Last night, the Bulls, Sox and Cubs all played. Since channel 9 has turned their weeknight programming over to the WB(a decision that ranks up there right now as one of the dumbest of all time), I wasn't sure where the Cubs game would be on. According to the paper, the Bulls were on CSN, the Sox on CSN+(which is CLTV) and the Cubs were on CSN+2. Unfortunately, at this time, CSN+2 does not exist. So, thanks to Comcast's foresight, I didn't see any of the game until CSN picked up the feed following the Bulls postgame show (which came in right after Barrett had tied the game). Now, I'm still not exactly clear why the Cubs weren't put on WCIU (unless that network didn't think that pre-empting "Cheaters" was worth it), but one thing is clear so far, Comcast Sports Net is thus far, a joke. This conflict is just another in a long line of glitches for CSN. The productions themselves are often marred by technical glitches (the most unforgivable being the loss of sound and picture several times during the Bulls 1st playoff game) and their post game coverage is nothing special. I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise to me, since the network is owned by all 5 major Chicago sports teams (yes, I realize I'm being generous by referring to the Blackhawks as "major"). I mean, who knows more about turning in a half-assed effort than these franchises?

4 Comments:

Blogger CT said...

I'm pretty sure they are, as CSN does their "official" post game stuff (which is actually not too bad).

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider yourself lucky that you couldn't watch the Flubs.

10:28 AM  
Blogger CT said...

Actually, I'm a masochist, so I love to watch the team in its current state.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tribune Company owns 50% of the WB. Yeah, they are gonna run their programming......

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home