Sunday, April 24, 2005

It's Drafty in here...

The NFL draft wrapped up today, and the Bears are getting mixed reviews for their selections. I don't fault them for their first round pick of Cedric Benson (although I would have preferred Mike Williams), but their second round pick, Mark Bradley, a WR from Oklahoma appears to be a bit of a reach. The Bears needed help at receiver, but Bradley looks like a project to me, and the Bears already have several wideouts under construction as I write this. Maybe I'm wrong, and Jerry Angelo has gone and found an offensive version of Charles Tillman, but considering Angelo's track record on drafting offensive players, I'm not expecting much. I was actually much happier with the drafts of the Bears NFC Central foes. Despite having woeful defenses, none of them took a defensive player in the first round. And Minnesota managed to outsmart themselves and pass on Mike Williams to take Troy Williamson who is less of a sure thing. While I'm not pleased with the prospect of the Bears facing Williams twice a year in Detroit, I much prefer the prospect of Joey Harrington throwing him one-hoppers to Dante Culpepper heaving him bombs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home