Monday, April 04, 2005

#@%($)+#?!

It's opening day. The Cubs won. I should be happy, right? Well, I can't be. Not tonight. Illinois lost a heartbreaker to UNC 75-70, and this one hurts. The Illini played a terrible first half, digging themselves a 13 point deficit with 20 minutes to go. They battled back valiantly, pulling even a few times, with a chance to tie or take the lead with less than a minute left, but they just couldn't get over that hump. I feel bad for the seniors, Powell, Head and Ingram played their asses off, and deserved a win. Unfortunately, James Augustine had a game to forget, fouling out after playing only 9 minutes.

I guess I can only fall back on my own sick combination of optimism and pessimism. Maybe in a few years, an NCAA investigation will discover that a combination of money, drugs and gay sex was used to recruit the current Carolina roster, and they'll be stripped of the title. Nah, not even that would make feel better. Congrats to UNC, they earned this one. But I'll say nothing good about Roy Williams, simply because he's got Billy Packer for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home