Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dammit...

Well, I had written a brilliant post about the last two NCAA games, and large paragraph attacking Billy Packer, but blogger ate it, and I'm too lazy to type the whole thing. Anyway, since you all know what happened in Sunday's games, and I'll get a second chance at Packer this weekend, I'll skip it.

Back to baseball, and the Cubs specifically. Spring training if finally winding down, and we've yet to see Kerry Wood or Mark Prior pitch in live games. Wood's supposedly pitching tomorrow, but I'll believe it when I see it, and Prior wrapped up the simulated Cy Young Award today by winning his 25th simulated game. I can't say that I don't feel some doom and gloom about the upcoming season, with 3 of our 5 most important pitchers being injured, Todd Hollandsworth starting in left field over DuBois and Hairston, Corey Patterson failing to take even ONE walk this spring and Aramis Ramirez still not signed to an extension. Yeah, there's the optimism of spring training for you.

An interesting rumor was being bandied about on the radio today. According to some top-secret source (read: the little man in George Offman's head), the White Sox may already be so sick of AJ Pierzynski that they're trying to trade him. I can't see that happening, not after Kenny Williams has been trumpeting the swagger that AJ brings to the clubhouse. Besides, who would the Sox trade him for? Roberto Alomar is retired, and Carl Everett is already on the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home