Friday, February 11, 2005

More Giambi

Sorry, this will be the last Giambi post for a while, I promise. But I ran across something in the New York Times today that's I had put up here. Remember when the Giambi testimony leaked, and the Yankees were all serious about voiding his contract? Well, this is from Murray Chass' column today:

"A person with knowledge of the contract said that before they signed off on Giambi's seven-year, $120 million deal, the Yankees acquiesced to his request and removed all references to steroids from the guarantee language routinely included in contracts."

Yet the Yankees had no idea Giambi was using steroids, and they feel totally betrayed by his behavior.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to apologize for twice writing about Giambi. I think it's a fascinating story that will play out this year.

Is he going to suck? Will the fans ride him mercilessly? Is some guy in Baltimore going to run on the field and throw syringes at him and bow?

While I don't like the idea of him using steroids, I have to give a little credit to him for doing the time-honored "Don't pummel me" supplicant position in front of the media. It's better than the stonewall technique Bonds is employing.

I dislike cheaters and reserve the right to ridicule Giambi, but I have more respect for a guy who admits his stupidity.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home